Engineer : Planning & Infrastructure
Our Clients are looking for a Planning and Infrastructure Engineer to join their team
Located on a Minesite just out of Kalgoorlie on a 8/6 Roster
At CoreStaff we pride ourselves on looking after our employees.
We want to engage, reward and recognise you for doing a great job.
Feel like part of the Crew, not just another candidate sent to an assignment and forgotten about.
About The Job
This role will be responsible for facilitating the optimal extraction of gold ore from mining operations through the provision of a comprehensive infrastructure planning and scheduling service that achieves short to medium production and development targets ensuring maximum return to the business in alignment with statutory requirements and standards.
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our Client and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times.
- Assist in coordinating the activities relating to underground infrastructure and ensure that their activities are consistently aligned and monitored to meet safety and operational targets.
- Secure the success of the mine through the achievement of safety targets and planned production by assisting in the development of weekly and monthly plans in consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Assist ventilation officer with planning and statutory requirements as required.
- Management of contractors both short and long term in the areas of Drill and Blast, Raiseboring, Paste Fill and associated mine infrastructure
- Provide ongoing leadership and mentoring for graduates and cadets assisting the Senior Mining Engineer
- Assist with the planning and production functions of the business as required to meet safety and production targets
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Mining Engineering or a related discipline.
- Underground Engineering experience with exposure to longhole drilling, blasting, ventilation, projects, planning, paste fill and scheduling – preferably gold
- Holde a Current Unencumbered WA Drivers Licence
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, and mining software such as Deswick and EPS would be highly regarded
- Experience with Ventsim would be highly regarded, however not essential.
- WA First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency would be highly regarded, however not essential.
- Hold a Current National Police Clearance
- Be able to pass a pre-Employment Medical and Drug & Alcohol Screen
CoreStaff is a leader in workplace diversity and we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians for all roles, females for non-traditional female roles, and applicants with disabilities to apply for all of our jobs.
To become a part of the CoreStaff Crew today, please click the ‘Apply Now’ link to submit your application and contact the Kalgoorlie Branch today on 6000 0900 to discuss further.
Job Reference: 200053778
Contact Name: Natasha Holdernesse