CoreStaff (referred to as “CoreStaff”, “us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to respecting your privacy and we understand how important it is to protect an individual’s personal data and apply high ethical and regulatory standards (the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) to the processing of such data.
1. What is your personal information?
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act. Personal information includes information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information or opinion. In summary, personal information is any information about you that can be linked to you.
2. What personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information collected may consist of your name, address, telephone number, photo, email address, age or birthdate, a unique site access ID, company or educational affiliations, profession or occupation, citizenship and residency, qualifications, titles, contact information, information from your CV, employment records, details of our services you have used or enquired about and other information about you.
Sensitive information is a specific category of personal information. Such information includes membership of a profession or trade association or of a trade union, health information, criminal record and the like. We may need to collect, hold and disclose sensitive information about you in relation to the specific requirements of your placement with our clients or direct engagement by us or to provide you with services. If we do, we will get your specific consent to the collection and use of this information.
3. How do we collect and hold your personal information?
CoreStaff collects information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We can also collect personal information in a variety of ways, including via the CoreStaff Site (such as when users register or apply for employment), when you respond to e-mail questionnaires or when you provide personal information to us by other means, such as in-person during conversations with our representatives, via your employer for the purposes of providing services to your employer, providing a business card, over the phone or by email.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- our service providers;
- business affiliates;
- clients; and
- other third parties such as employers and persons nominated by you as referees, credit agencies or government agencies.
Personal information is held by us in secure physical and electronic data systems.
4. For what purposes do we collect, hold and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality service to you. We collect, hold and disclose your personal information for the following purposes :
- to provide our services to you and or your employer, including to fulfil your requests for information and employment opportunities and to manage the recruitment process for third parties and ourselves;
- to manage our client and business relationships;
- to provide assessment and other consulting services;
- to provide you important work related information including workplace health and safety, work rosters and other information relating to your engagement by CoreStaff;
- to undertake psychometric testing;
- to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in specific areas and articles posted on the CoreStaff Site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow us to send e-mails to individuals based on the areas of interest that they may indicate during the employment registration process;
- to send communications requested by you, answer enquiries and provide information about existing or new services;
- to provide your updated personal information to related bodies corporate, our customers, contractors or service providers if such disclosure is required to administer our business functions or to provide our products and services to you;
- to update our records and keep your records up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority of any country.
5. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
6. To whom do we disclose your information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our customers;
- contractors or service providers if such disclosure is required to administer our business functions or to provide our products and services to you;
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for purposes of operation of our website and to fulfil your requests including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- any organisation for any authorized purpose with your express consent; and
- should we intend to merge with, or sell the majority of our assets or equity to a third party, personal information may be disclosed to that third party.
7. Are cookies and IP addresses used?
The CoreStaff Site uses a variety of technologies to assess how our sites are used, to personalize your experience and to deliver online content tailored to your interests, such as internet tags and cookies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or other web-accessing devices by our websites. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of this website, and to enhance this website and your experience when you browse this website. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser to refuse them. However, a user who does not accept the cookie from the CoreStaff Site may not be able to access certain areas and may limit your use of the CoreStaff Site and some of our services. In administering the CoreStaff Site and diagnosing potential system problems, we also log all IP addresses which access the CoreStaff Site.
8. Our Security Measurement
We want your personal data to remain as secure as reasonably possible. We will maintain the levels of protection of your personal data in accordance with data protection laws and use all available technical resources to prevent the loss, alteration and unauthorized access or processing of your data. The security measures we use to protect all personal data are designed to meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access, however you should be aware that no security measure is guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software.
9. Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider might be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practicable to do so. You consent to receiving direct marketing communications and information from us. However, at any time you may opt out of receiving marketing communications for us by contacting us (see details below) or by using opt out facilities provided in the marketing communications and then we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
10. How can I access, change, and/or delete information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with a suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for making the request or for making any corrections to your personal information. To do so, please contact your CoreStaff representative or our Privacy Officer by the means set out in paragraph 12. We will then contact you to request sufficient information to allow us to confirm your identity. As soon as practicable after your request is received, we will give you access to your personal information.
If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you may request us to amend it by contacting our Privacy Officer. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it. You may also have your personal information deleted. You should be aware that we are required by law to retain certain personal information (such as payroll records); such information will not be deleted. We will let you know if we cannot delete your personal information for legal or other reasons.
If any personal information has been lost or subjected to unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse (Data Breach), CoreStaff will take all necessary steps to immediately contain the Data Breach, rectify the Data Breach and prevent the Data Breach from occurring in the future.
10. Links to third party sites
The eilby Site may contain links to third party websites as a service to our users. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy polices or the content of any third party website. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of the relevant third parties before providing any information to them.
firstname.lastname@example.org, write to us at GPO Box 1113 Darwin NT 0801, or call 08 8942 6666. We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change or add to this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post any revisions on this Site. We will indicate at the bottom of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
Privacy Notice Effective Date: 18 June, 2018