Job Tips & Advice
A good resume will allow our Recruitment Consultants to quickly ascertain your skills and experiences in relation to current vacancies and future employment opportunities.
- Keep it simple and short, a resume should only be 2-5 pages long
- Use a standard font
- Do not lie or embellish the facts
- Include copies of any licences, tickets and qualifications.
A good resume will include:
1. Contact details
- Your full name and current address
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Day time contact number.
2. Licences and qualifications
- Description of qualification should include any tickets, inductions or licences
- Date completed
- Scanned copies of tickets is beneficial however originals will need to be sighted.
3. Work history
- Dates employed
- Company worked for and location of the work site
- Position title
- List your main duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of two referees should be included. They should be relevant (i.e. someone you reported to or someone who directly oversaw your work) and from recent work.
A cover letter should include:
- A brief introduction about yourself
- If you are intending to or willing to relocate
- If you are not applying for a particular role it is important for us to know the type of position you are looking for
- Targeted information specific to the position you are applying for.